29.11.09

One Day...

One day, sorry won't be enough. One day, I'll get tired of hearing it. I pray that that day never comes. But, I fear it, nonetheless. I fear that you will come to me, in all honesty and humility, saying that you are sorry that you did what you did and that I will turn my ear from your cry. I fear that I won't be able to turn my face on what you feel you have done wrong.

One day, 'I love you' will no longer bring a smile to my face. It will not evoke feelings of mutuality. It won't melt my heart from stone. One day, I will hear those words uttered from your lips and I will cry for what it once meant. More so, one day, those words will bring from me a sigh of regret. They will turn my heart of flesh to one of stone that won't be able to be broken. One day, I won't be able to say them back and mean them as I have in the past.

One day, your cry for help will be heard as just a whisper, barely audible above the hatred that is screaming in my heart. One day, the fear I have that you will no longer be able to conquer this will consume me and I will no longer believe in you.

I pray that that one day will never come. I pray that I will always believe in the power you have. In the strength you possess to conquer your demons. But, one day... One day will come. My heart is breaking because of the possibility and there is no where I can turn but to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment