27.5.10

Dayenu!

May 2010 has been quite an adventurous month! From retreats to graduations... From new life to death... From beginning to end! I can honestly say that I've had no time to be bored!


We spent the first half of the month gearing up for CCD events. My kids were up for their first Reconciliation and their First Holy Communion. On the 8th of May, we had their retreat and day of preparation. There were a total of 69 children who had to go to reconciliation and a grand total of two priests to help them! I thought the day would never end! But, God, in his mercy, helped us all to transition through the day smoothly and without any major hiccups! A huge thank you going out to Fathers Edivaldo and Julio for being there for our students!


On May 16th, 69 children were welcomed in to the ranks of those who may consume the body and blood of Christ. Amongst those 69 were a group of 16 for which Audrey and I were responsible. These 16 children were a challenge for us. But, with patience and love, we were able to pull through a year of faith formation. I can't say that we were perfect. But, hey! I think we did a pretty awesome job! To watch our kids go from strangers to inseparable was absolutely beautiful. To see all 16 of them there, dressed for a wedding, was rewarding and beautiful. I can't put in to words how much I enjoyed seeing them receive the Eucharist for the first time.

Of all that I've done in the past month, I truly believe that First Holy Communion was the most rewarding! Not only did I witness my students partake in it but I was greatly blessed to witness my godson, Brandon Patrick, receive another sacrament.

I have been so blessed, being surrounded by people that love me. God has shown me, through 17 small children, just how great his love can be. He has helped me through a difficult month by balancing it with joyous occasions.

This all would have been good enough! DAYENU! But, He continues to bless and amaze me as time goes by!

No comments:

Post a Comment