25.9.09

Source of Inspiration

Yesterday, Sept. 24, 2009, the Lord called another son home. After a year of battling and overcoming cancer, Deacon Eddie Borja passed away at 3:55am. There are so many mixed feelings about his death. But, we do know this; his mission on this earth was accomplished and it was time for him to go to his eternal home.

When the death of a loved one is in front of you, no matter how much you try to prepare yourself for it, you are never truly ready. I didn't know the Deacon as well as some people. But, I was truly blessed to witness the love that he had for his family and his friends. He was a man who put his suffering aside in order to ease the pains of his community. He put the pain on the back burner in order to smile and brighten the day of a sister in crisis.

To me, hearing about Deacon Eddie's life is a true inspiration. He was and continues to be a wonderful role model. The faith that he instilled in his son is something that I see as truly amazing! You see, Lawrence Borja, Deacon Eddie son, is a good friend of mine. We've been credited with being there for him. But, in all honesty, he was the one inspiring me. Watching the interaction between him and his sister, hearing the prayers, watching him read through the different prayers that he could share with his father. It was all something that offered me comfort.

So, I thank you, Law, for being who you are. For receiving the faith which your family transmitted to you and taking it and sharing it with us. I am so blessed to count you amongst my closest friends. If you should ever need me, I will be here for you. I could never thank you enough and I love you.

I thank the Lord for blessing our beautiful island with a beautiful man such as Deacon Eddie. His passing will be felt through the island. But, we are better because of him.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment