31.3.11

The Saga...

Continues...


Whether I want it to or not, it does.


Monday, March 21, was my last day at work. The staff wanted to do a going away thing. So, they scheduled it for Tuesday. Could I just not show up for my sending off? Sure! But, that would have been rude. So, I ended up going in to the office for a few hours on Tuesday. Without pay, mind you.


After a bittersweet breakfast with the staff, it was time to say goodbye to them for now. So, I made my rounds. at around 11am, I walk out of the office. a week and a half later, I get a call that set my blood afire.


Apparently, they did not include me in this pay period because I have not signed out. Do you think they mentioned this even once in the three weeks that I was preparing to be unemployed? If you thought so, you'd be wrong!


Now, nearly two weeks after I left the office, I have to go in again to process my outgoing papers. Again, without pay... again on my own time. My blood is boiling. I have a spirit within me that I have not seen in years. A spirit of anger that managed to turn itself in to rage. A spirit of spite. I haven't felt this for nearly seven years and I was happy not feeling it!


I asked a friend for prayers because, in my anger, I wanted to go in and just give them a piece of my anger. To let it all out on them. After all, it is not my fault that the proper paperwork wasn't filled out and processed. How was I supposed to know? I'd never been in a position where I had to do such things before. Whenever I had resigned from a job, all these things were done without the need for me to be there. I assumed that since, this time, I wasn't leaving of my own choosing, there wouldn't be a problem with them doing the same... Take care of it. It's their problem, is it not? And, if there was paperwork to be filled out, should they not have given it to me while I was there? Am I wrong?


So, this friend... After I ask him to pray for me because I want to rip them a new one... Said, 'Look at Jesus on the cross.' - in his own ESL way. I responded to that, 'I feel more like the guard at the bottom of the cross, ready to thrust my spear in to the side of Christ'. His response? Good, you shall be bathed in his blood.


While to some, this may seem like a twisted thing, today, I am able to see it as a beautiful phrase to say. A phrase that I needed to hear. Maybe, through this event, I will be able to be bathed in the blood of Christ and, finally, be able to love my enemy. To be washed of this anger and the desire to kill the other and renewed in a spirit of forgiveness and love.


I just pray for patience in this saga that seems never ending. Please pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment