5.5.09

Hobbies

It seems that these days, I have no idea what a hobby is! I remember the days when I had a list of hobbies. The list included dancing, singing, reading, writing, leisure time with friends, gaming, music, etc. I remember being able to let my hair down and party through the weekend. What happened to those days? If you see them, can you let me know? Or, at least let them know that I miss them!

This past weekend was a schedule full of meetings, teaching, practice, cantoring, setting up, planning, planning, and more planning! This weekend is looking to be more of the same. Same goes for next weekend. Yes, the work is all for the kids and for God. But, there's just some days when it seems a little much. I enjoy what I do and know that it's where I need to be at this point in my life. But, there's still that part of me that wants to be the carefree yunggin'.

Some may think that I'm hitting a midlife crisis episode. As an old friend once put it... if I'm going through a midlife crisis, I must not be planning on living very long! I think, with the upcoming birthday(okay, it's not fast approaching... but, it's still soon!), I'm a little less willing to let go of my youth. It's ironic that, as children, we can't wait to be adults. Yet, as adults, we're less apt to let go of the past and the ways of our adolescent selves. As young teenagers, we are attracted to people who are older and wiser. Who make us feel like adults, ourselves. But, as adults, entering our 30s, we surround ourselves with those in their early 20s to make us feel younger, more energetic... needed. Is it just me? *laugh*

Maybe I need to promise myself to put time aside for a couple of hobbies. Ones that keep me out of trouble and at the same time, allow me to be Jess. I need tiny breaks from community and responsibilities. Oh! A vacation! I did promise Andy, Manu, and Steve a visit. Something to ponder. It's in the planning stages guys! I didn't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment