8.7.09

Whining Wednesday

So, if you don't to listen to me rant, I suggest you read no further. Go tune in to some reruns of the Michael Jackson memorial or play some bejeweled or something. Because, today is definitely a ranting day!

It seems as though I have done something to irritate one of my coworkers. Well, she's almost a coworker. She works for the Division of Pastoral Ministry. Anyways! For the past couple of weeks, I have been working on the Archdiocesan phone directory. I've been asking for updated information from all departments withing the Archdiocese of Agana. Some people have been very forthcoming with the information and these are the departments that I updated. Everyone else, psh... what I have is what's printed, fools!

I gave the first draft to three people to review and proof. A couple of them came back with some minor corrections. The corrections made, I started the first run of directories for the staff. More errors were found. People died, I left their names in(how am I supposed to know who died in the past year), promotions were made that I wasn't aware of and more names were left out... It was just a huge mess that should have been caught if people were willing to give me the information I needed!

But, that's not the issue with which I am peeved! Said coworker called me on Monday, complaining that I left a priest's email address out of the directory. If she had looked closely, I left all their email addresses out! Personal contact numbers, emails, hobbies, favorite foods, sleeping habits. Those are all left out of the directory. If the priest chooses to share this information or if someone have the dying need to know which side of the bed Fr. Wojciech sleeps on, they have to ask him. That is problem number one.

Today, while outside, she totally flips about a piece of trash I had disposed of in a trash bin! How dare I?! What the hell was I thinking?! Damn you, you eco-friendly, inconsiderate human being, for throwing a piece of trash where it belongs! What is the world coming to?

Just a half hour ago, I was trying to get a hold of Sr. Marian. She had passed me some information, albeit late, for my project. But, I needed to clear something up before I made the alterations. So, I call Sr. Marian's extension... no answer. I ring her secretary... again no answer. By process of elimination, I am able to tell that she's in the resource center. I ring the resource center... Coworker in question, answers!

Blessed be God! I ask for Sr. Marian, she refuses to put her on the phone and insists on taking the message. I dictate to her what I need. She then says, 'Hold on. I need to get a message pad.' WTF?! She comes back, I dictate again... and again... oh! Once more.. for good luck! After this interaction she says... 'The next time you need Sr. Marian, call her or Cathy. I'm not her secretary.' ARGH!!!!! Really? Do you think I'm that disconnected? That I don't pay any attention at all to these things?! And, who was it that insisted on taking the message after I said to have Sr. Marian call me back?

What it boils down to is this... This woman will find something wrong with everything I do. Even if I've done said project perfectly, there will be something that she will find that she dislikes. Whether it be the color of the background, the tilt of the font, the color of my eyes, the way I hold me head... I mean, this is the same woman who insists that I dress too skanky for work. Skanky isn't the word she uses. But, it's pretty damned close.

*sigh* Rant completed...

3 comments:

  1. Boo, to the mean office lady!

    BTW, You're are so NOT skanky!

    I heart you Jessica *muah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! :D I didn't think I was skanky either. NOT my style! And definitely not my style at work!

    ReplyDelete