29.7.09

Can you say...

FREAKIN' BI-POLAR!

I'm having a rather difficult day at work and can't deal with it at the moment. I'd give anything to be able to walk outside and have about 10 cigarettes, right now. But, I'm behaving... trying to keep my head up and eyes forward.

For the past two days, there's been some confusion in the office about a payment that I received from someone seeking an annulment. I received it in November of last year, wrote a receipt, signed my name to it, and placed it in the appropriate box. Now, eight months later, there's confusion as to where the payment went. The woman that it was supposed to go to, claims to have never received the money. I sure as heck didn't take it. So, that's $200 that has disappeared without a trace.

Today, things came to a head and this woman confronted me about it. I, being the person that I am, recounted everything that I could remember about the payment. What it came down to was her, a woman in the religious life, accusing me of taking the money. Now, here's where I don't see the logic. Why on earth would I take $200 from the church after I had clearly signed my name on the receipt of payment? DO I really look that stupid? No, really!

She has since apologized to me. One minute she was this mean old woman who I wanted to choke... the next, she was very sweet and sincere. It was like talking to two totally separate people who had no knowledge of the existence of the other. It brought back memories of something that I have been trying to forget. A life that I have tried to move on from.

But, I've come to the conclusion... Although I have accepted her apology and decided that it was all just silly and probably the result of both parties being under stress, I am going to be as careful as humanly possible when it concerns matters with said person. I'm trying to be as Christian as possible about this matter. To forgive and love in the presence of judgement and anger. It's hard. But, it's all part of my journey through faith.

As soon as this whole exchange was over, Ned called from Saipan. Hearing his voice brings back so many good memories that you can't help but to move on from bad thoughts. So, without his knowledge, he has brightened my day. God knew exactly what I needed to hear in order to help me through this afternoon. To help me through this experience. So, thank you! And, thanks Ned! See you in October :)

1 comment:

  1. I have bi polar co workers too. Don't sweat it chica, it just makes your job that much harder.You know you did nothing wrong, and that's the important thing to remember. I promise to call you soon. We can laugh about crazy people together ;)

    ReplyDelete