18.8.09

The Lion King

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to participate in commemoration of the birth of one of my close friends, Andrew Tenorio. On Aug. 14, 2009, Andy turned 29. While this may seem, to some, as 'old', in my mind, it's when the best years begin. But, this is just from observation. I, myself, have yet to reach my 30's!

Anyhow, the weekend started off with a mellow night of drink on Wednesday, Aug. 12. I had the pleasure of joining Andy and Law at Horse and Cow for a couple of drinks. An agreement of one beer turned in to an evening consisting of four pitchers between the three of us. But, I have to say, drinking put aside, it was a nice night. We got a little deep in to our conversation and were able to learn a bit more about each other. As always, I was disappointed to see the time pass so quickly. Alas, we ventured home and promised to meet the next day for a little adventure!

Thursday, Aug. 13... Again, the three of us met up and ventured out on our little escapade. The plan? Progressive drinking commencing at 2100 hours at Mermaid Tavern. From there, on to The Venue, Horse and Cow, House of Brutus(which, sadly, was closed), and culminating at Friday's, complete with a bell ring at midnight to ring in the official birthday. The evening was awesome! Again, more deep talking. Drinking games turning in to true revelations about the self.

Friday, Aug. 14... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY!! After a short shopping trip to purchase crowns, sashes, and other party supplies, we (Jamie, Law, and I) joined the Tenorios at Cappriciosa in the Agana Shopping Center for dinner. The menu consisted of escargot, calamari, seafood lasagna, squid ink pasta, a cream sauce pasta, and garlic bread. Good food combined with great company is never ever a flop! From there, we ventured on to the sling shot in Tumon. Andy's only wish was to ride the sling shot on his 29th birthday. We, his friends, happily obliged. So, we put two excited young men in to a giant cage of steel and they were shot 70 meters in to the air. Jamie and I laughed amidst screams of excitement, terror, joy... Watching the video of their adventure has yet to get old!

As always, a really good night ends up on the beach! After a quick trip to ABC Stores for beverages, we ventured on to Fujita Beach. The evening was nice with a cool breeze and clear skies. When the skies threatened us with rain drops, we decided to head to Raku for a little bit of karaoke to top off the night.

Aug. 15, 2009, found us planning a bbq for the evening. Jamie and I were able to put together some supplies before we picked up Andy and shopped for food. We have found that the best bbq's, as of yet, have been planned on the spur of the moment. As was this one! After purchasing what we needed, we headed to the same spot we were at the night before. About half an hour after we set everything up, Law joined us with more beer and the rest of the food and the cooking began! A note to those of you who do not enjoy grainy foods... Do not let Andy and Law cook for you on the beach. There were many mishaps. But, they did a good job!

While the guys bbq'd, Jamie and I swam, talked, cleaned up a little bit, swam some more... Then, they finally decided to grace us with their presence, in the water, after they had consumed a little Surf N' Turf! More drinking games of revelation... More swimming... We called it a night at 2am.

I have many treasures in my life. I am glad to count these three particular friends as treasures that I hold very dear. I have experienced many things with their help. Some, I would not be daring enough to try with anyone else. I believe that the friendships that I have established with each one of them, are friendships that will always stand the tests of time. Knowing one for almost 17 years, I am able to truly say... They are keepers! Thank you for an awesome weekend and I look forward to many more! I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment