13.8.09

View From the Other Side

Recently, I have had the pleasure of being in the company of my male companions. It was brought to my attention, by a dear friend, that I tend to surround myself with close male friends. While some may see this as a chance of flirtatious advances, I like to look at it as a way to understand and appreciate those of the opposite gender.

You see, when we ladies get together, we not only get to ogle at cuties but, unfortunately, things usually turn to male bashing or something pretty close to it. As a woman amongst other women, we forget the value of men. We forget that we can not go at it alone. The inner feminist comes out. The mentality of, "I don't need a man" or "I can do anything that he can but better!" seems to be at it's strongest.

I will not lie and say that I understand men. Because, no matter how much I desire this, no matter how much I surround myself with male friends, I will never fully understand their perspective. I will never be able to know what it's like to be a man. But, with a little help from my friends, I will get by! Hearing their views on relationships, the hardships they go through as males, the heart strings that they've had pulled, the love they've lost... just hearing them be human and not try to hide what really happens... All this, allows me to truly appreciate them. To appreciate all the men that God has placed in my life. Whether they be in my present, my past, or my future.

So, I take the opportunity now to thank Andy and Law for allowing me that glimpse in to their soul. For allowing me a view from the other side. I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment