17.4.09

FMyLife

So, I know that this site's been around for ages! The name is probably trademarked or copy written, or registered and I shouldn't be using it as a blog title. But, I won't tell if you won't!Anyway, it's a new obsession for me. Well, not really an obsession. But, it keeps me entertained while I'm putting off work. If you haven't seen it already, feel free to visit FMyLife. We, here on Guam, seem to be a little behind when it comes to stumbling upon sites like this. But, when we get there, we catch on pretty quickly!

I find that when I feel that my life seems ridiculous, all I have to do is log on to this site and things are put back in to perspective. I realize that a lot of this has to be made up. I mean, come on! You leave your sunroof open and the car is drenched, you grab a towel, drive off, and have a bird poop on your head. Who has that kind of luck? It's just nuts! But, it's still fun to read all that. I suppose it gives me comfort. I know it sounds sinister and mean. But, hey... this gal is only human!

On to other news!

For those of you that work in the Hagåtña area, I had lunch at The Main Street Deli and Bakery. I highly recommend them! There is a wide variety of choices on the menu and their prices aren't too bad, either. OH! And they have that tea that Cap used to serve! It's pathetic that a lot of the restaurants are switching to Lipton or some other cheap brand. The coffee isn't too bad either. The only issue I had was that they forgot that we'd ordered drinks. So, by the time we finished our lunch, our drinks were served. It's a little slow. But, it's run by a family. So, it's kind of expected. More gushing? I can keep going, if you so please. Okay, okay... Just one more comment on the cafe... Their pan tosta kicks dåggan! Okay, I lied, one more comment. The ambiance at the cafe is so comfortable! Huge tables, comfy seats, chess boards, mancala (or for us Chamorros, chonka). It's like the nice Starbucks cafes near the college campuses in the states.

I had a chance to have lunch with my sister. Something that I rarely do these days. It makes me want to be in her presence more often. I guess you can say that she grounds me in a way that my other 'sisters' can't really do. They come close. But, you know... she's blood, ladies. Oh! And she's an identical twin of my brother! (OK, so, she's older by 9 years) But, that's a story better told in person.

I got an email today about the Obama administration warning the authorities of the activities of pro-lifers. I was somewhat disturbed by this. You see, I am an avid supporter of the Esperansa act and I deeply value the right to life that all babies have. I realize that there are extremists out there who will go to no ends to make their view heard. But, it works both ways. If pro-lifers have the capability to get out of hand at demonstrations, it is only fair that the other side be treated in the same way.

Which brings me to a phone call I received yesterday, here in the office. I answered in the usual way and I thought that maybe they didn't hear me. So, I waited a second before repeating myself a little more audible than the first time around. I heard the person talking as if continuing a conversation she was having before she called. She was saying things like "He used a condom", "I told him to pull out", and "The only person I'd let do that to me is you." It is my first experience with a call like this since I've started working here. I don't consider myself a prude, in any way. But, that was a little bizarre and uncalled for. Needless to say, I hung up. It's times like this that I wish we had caller ID here in the office. I suppose that when calls come in about abuse or anything like that, it's essential to have the caller remain anonymous unless they choose to reveal themselves. But, I don't know. Don't mind the rant!

There was one more point that I wanted to touch on. But, I think that this post is as random as I can manage at this time! So, I will get to the other topic in another post. Maybe when I get home tonight or tomorrow. If this wasn't random enough, I'll throw in one more tiny fact about today. It's been an unbelievably hot day and I chose it to wear a turtle neck sweater to work. So, I'm dying here, people! Buñechu'(meaning... you deserve it, for those English speakers out there)!

No comments:

Post a Comment