21.4.09

Sunshine?

I had a rare conversation with my father this morning about politics. You see, Carl Gutierrez is running for governor again under the same 'Sunshine' platform. While, to many of his supporters, this seems to be a good idea, to me, it's just another opportunity to drive our island in to a deeper hole. Come on people, he was in office for eight years! EIGHT long years! In the time he was in office, his supporters were rewarded so unjustly and our island was thrown in to a deficit larger than we'd ever seen before. What good could possibly come of his being elected again? Do you really think that the sun will shine brighter?? And really, do we need more sunshine?

I admit, the current administration hasn't been much better. I was one of those who supported the current administration when they were running. In my eyes, anyone was going to do a better job. How wrong I was! Yes, Camacho had a lot to do in order to help the island. None of which he was worthy of doing. It will be interesting to see who will be running in the upcoming gubernatorial race. Hopefully, we have some worthy candidates who are capable of stepping up to the plate and helping our island rather than driving us deeper in to debt. Maybe we'll be able to see our tax money being put to good use and our retirees taken care of for once.

I haven't heard much about who's running for senator. But, again, hopefully they are capable of representing the people of Guam to the fullest extent. I commend the Congresswoman for the work she has been doing for our people. No, I'm not saying this just because Andy works there. I believe that she is working for our people. We may not see her here on Guam. But, her presence is seen in congress. I suspect that in the next year, we will see an extra push from those who are planning on running again. Get the footwork done people! Work for us even when it's not an election year! Let the people know that you are working for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment