28.4.09

To Torpid Tuesdays

Date: Tuesday, 28 April 2009
Time: 2:36pm
Location: 13.2°N 144.6°E
Current Weather Conditions: 82° F (Though, I think they're lying), Cloudy and drizzling. Or.. in the proper terminology: Partly cloudy with isolated showers. In Guam terminology: B.M.W.

After coming in from a small break out in the prayer garden, I decided that today's weather is causing me to be properly torpid, lethargic, sluggish... whatever word you choose to make 'lazy' sound a little less apathetic. It's either the weather or I have swine flu! *gasp*

This little topic on the news yesterday made me think back to when I was working in the spa in 2003 and we had the whole SARS epidemic. It was crazy! Everyone and their dogs were wearing surgical masks and thinking that every little sniffle or cough would lead to the next SARS case. Have we learned our lessons from mass panic? Nope! It was quite entertaining working in the hospitality industry and in therapeutic massage during that time. On the one hand, we had therapists having nervous breakdowns because they thought they'd contracted the virus. On the other, we had people like myself, who thought that all the uproar was a bit silly and uncalled for. There was no middle ground back then. I don't know, it's a bit early to judge if there's a middle ground today.

Anyway... back to the topic! Torpid Tuesdays! It's a lovely day to just lounge, listen to music, read a good book, chat with old friends and just be glad that it's no longer Monday! Maybe take advantage of the mango season and be creative with the ripe nectar of the gods! Hmm... I think I know what I'll do after work.

While I'm on a 'T' roll... What about Twitter? I've been hearing all about 'tweeting' and how absolutely 'addictive' it is. So, I decided to check it out. Don't know what all the hype is about, yet. Maybe one day I'll grow to appreciate it.

Here's to Torpid Tuesdays and looking forward to a Wondrous Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment